Advertising Terms and Conditions
Advertisements and Editorial
Advertisement Copy and Editorial – inclusive of Web Adverts – is accepted from Advertisers (or the authorised Advertising Agencies acting on Advertisers behalf) by the Publisher, The Eastbourne, Wealden & Lewes Family Grapevine on the following Standard Terms and Conditions:
1. All copy and content is subject to approval by the Publisher, whose decision to publish is final.
2. All copy and content must be legal, decent, and in good taste and meet all regulatory requirements.
3. All copy and content must be the intellectual property of the Advertiser or authorised for use in The Family Grapevine (TFG) magazine by the intellectual property owner without infringement of copyright. The Advertiser will indemnify the Publisher against any damages and or expenses which the Publisher may incur as a direct or indirect consequence of the Advertisement’s appearance in the magazine in respect of any claim including but not limited to libel and infringement of copyright or design rights.
4. The publisher will not be held responsible for consequential loss due to the rejection of material deemed unsuitable, the non-appearance of advertisements, or errors therein. In the event of Publisher error the liability of the Publisher shall be limited to the cost paid for that single Advertisement insertion.
5. Copy and content is to be supplied by the Advertiser or Agencies by the stated deadline.
6. Only amendments received by the deadline are guaranteed to be made. If we do not hear from you, the advert will be taken as correct and will be printed as shown on the proof.
7. We will endeavour to satisfy all advert placement requests but this cannot be guaranteed.
8. Permission must be sought and granted to use the advertisement in other publications and media.
9. The copy deadline is the 10th of the month prior to publication (10th February for March edition, 10th June for the July edition and 10th October for the November edition)
Payment information and details of how to make that payment are detailed on your invoice.
1. Any query must be raised within seven (7) days of date of invoice.
2. Payment must be made by the payment due date as shown on the invoice.
3. Late payment will result in loss of discount for all adverts booked in a series.
4. Should any invoice remain unpaid thirty (30) days after the payment due date, the account will incur a fixed fee of £40 plus interest at 8% above the Bank Base Rate in accordance with Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 and Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002 SI 2002 No 1674
5. Should the original invoice and surcharge remain unpaid after a further seven (7) days, this will be handed to and dealt with by a third party. The advertiser will be liable for all costs incurred in the process of debt recovery.
6. It is the responsibility of the Advertiser or the Advertisers Agent to contact the Publisher at least seven (7) days before the payment due date in the event that the payment will be late
1. Cancellations can only be accepted, without full payment of the invoice, within three (3) days of booking or two (2) weeks prior to the copy deadline, whichever is later. Cancellations, without full payment of the invoice, cannot be made for bookings made on or after the copy deadline
2. Cancellation of a series advert will invalidate the discount offered for previous and future bookings in that series.
3. A statement will be issued detailing any surcharges relating to advertisements that have already been invoiced at the discounted rate and the total of all invoices will be due.
Supply of copy and or content are deemed to be sufficient evidence of agreement to pay, even where no signed contract exists.
Any personal data collected will be treated as confidential in line with the principles of the UK data protection legislation (the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended).
1. Information Collected by the Company
We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you. We may store this information supplied by you in order to respond to your request or otherwise reply to the subject of the enquiry or email only.
2. How do we use your Information?
Only staff of The Family Grapevine Eastbourne Wealden and Lewes will be able to view your information in order to make notes and make contact with you.
c) When you register on the Site
The personal details collected from you are stored electronically and can be accessed by Family Grapevine EWL You are not obliged to give us any personal information in order to use the Site, but access will be limited to the general information section of the Site if you choose not to register.
d) When you telephone us using the number displayed on the Site. By calling us you are agreeing to be contacted by telephone on the number you have called us from. If you wish to make your telephone number private please contact your telephone provider.
e) When you telephone us. We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for compliance purposes, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of our customer service.
When you register your details on the Site you are agreeing to be contacted by SMS, telephone, email and post. We will provide you with information on advertising opportunities which you are interested in, and other products, services, future developments, special offers which match the criteria that you have provided or which may be of interest to you.
In accordance with Data Protection Act 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us. We habr implemented security polices, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control. The security measures are designed to prevent unauthorised access, improper use and disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
4. Your Rights
a) Access to your personal data
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us in our records. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information. Please contact the Company at e[email protected]
You have the right to remove your personal information from our mailing lists or can choose not to receive further information about specific advertising opportunities. This can be done by following the unsubscribe option attached to all marketing emails and SMS messages sent from the Company.
Thank you for supporting The Family Grapevine