Business Name : Greenfields Independent Day and Boarding School
Short Description :
Greenfields welcomes children aged 2 to 18. It has a Montessori-based Nursery, a Reception class, an Infant and Junior School, a Senior School including Sixth Form and a long and short-term English as a Foreign Language unit.
Long Description :
Greenfields is an Independent school for children aged 2 to 18. It has a Montessori-based Nursery, a Reception class (forming the Early Years Foundation Stage), an Infant and Junior School, a Senior School including Sixth Form and a long and short-term English as a Foreign Language unit.
Fees start from £59 a week. Situated in beautiful grounds, with an adventure playground backing onto the Ashdown Forest itself, the school is a safe and inspirational place to learn.
What is Unique about Greenfields?
• The main difference between Greenfields and other schools is the unique teaching method it uses. This method (Study Technology) isolates the barriers preventing or hindering a child from learning and then provides precise tools to deal with them. Its use allows any child of any ability to learn anything.
• The school applies a strong moral code (The Way to Happiness) ensuring happy students and successful graduates.
• Greenfields delivers an independent education with exceptionally low fees for local public, whilst maintaining a high staff to student ratio
• We have small class sizes and can provide one-to-one assistance for students as needed.
• The good relationships between staff and students, and amongst the students themselves, are a notable feature of Greenfields School and are part of its strength.
• Greenfields offers a full educational solution from age 2 through to age 18, Nursery to A Levels, so that parents have a complete pathway for their child.
• We maintain a safe, bully-free and drug free environment.
• The school offers courses and internships in how to study, including the ‘Study Skills for Life’ and the ‘Basic Study Manual’ which give students the ability to become independent learners.
• We utilise Rossetta Stone based short and long term EFL courses for international students both during the summer holidays and throughout the year.
• We have an entire department called Qualifications to ensure that students are helped through each stage of their education with one-to-one assistance as needed.
• Annual assessments are provided by Cambridge International Examinations for quality control purposes and other formal and informal assessments to ensure that students are making progress within the school year.
• The school is 20 minutes from Gatwick airport, 50 minutes from London and 35 minutes from Brighton and the coast.
• The school is located on the edge of Ashdown Forest in 6 acres of its own forest and fields with room for up to 50 boarders and 200 day students.
• As well as having access to the usual on-site facilities, boarders and students have easy access to nearby shops and activities. These include swimming, horse riding, cycling, canoeing, archery, dancing, a rock school, cinema and many other indoor and outdoor activities of all kinds.
Greenfields respects every child and young person as an individual and aims to give them opportunities to explore and realise their potential in the development of academic, sporting, creative and social skills.
We produce well educated, happy children who become competent and valued adults.
Please contact the Admissions Manager for any questions or to book a tour of the school.
Quote from ISI (Independent School Inspectors) for 2017
“The school fulfils its aims of ensuring that pupils are happy at the school and of instilling self-confidence, industriousness, responsibility, tolerance and a moral and ethical compass. It achieves this by providing a safe environment, clear parameters for pupils’ personal development and a methodical and highly structured approach to teaching which gives pupils a sense of security. Pupils understand that their success academically and the quality of their relationships depend on the choices they make.”
Greenfields School, Priory Road, Forest Row, East Sussex, RH18 5JD
Business Phone Number: