The Family Grapevine is a free directory full of information on the local area. Aimed at parents, grandparents and carers, it provides details of events, activities and services relevant to children aged 0-16yrs. Most of our readers lead such busy lives they are not interested in editorial; they just want helpful ideas and essential facts. They want to entertain their children with the minimum of fuss. The Family Grapevine offers them concise, accurate information, suggesting fun things to do for every budget.
Extensive circulation and reliable distribution
- 12,000 copies of the magazine are distributed across the Mid Sussex including the villages.
- All 200+ distribution points are constantly reviewed to guarantee their relevance.
- Each issue is sent home in the book bags of some local primary schools, encouraging parents to read it just as they would an official school letter.
- Further copies are available at leisure centres, libraries, family attractions, children’s retail outlets, sports and dance clubs.
- New parents are targeted via health visitors, toddler groups, pre-schools, children’s centres and the hospital.
All copies are personally distributed. We do not employ third parties so there is no risk of dumping.
Meeting the needs of the modern family – the Family Grapevine online
The Family Grapevine offers much more than a simple magazine listing. In March 2013 we launched a website which receives over 3,000 unique page views every month. Our website is mobile and tablet friendly and therefore accessible to parents when out and about.
Adverts and listings on The Family Grapevine site can include a direct link to your own website, increasing inbound traffic. You can post editorial on our site too and reach a whole new audience using our Facebook page. You can announce special offers and new product launches via our Twitter feed, helping you boost business during quiet periods. The opportunities provided by social media can add real value to your service offering. Make the most of digital to ensure your message is heard.
- Advertising allows you to reach the people who genuinely need your services. It helps you…
- Build awareness. Advertising gets your name out there. When people see your advert, a visual memory stays with them. The more they see it, the greater the chance they will spend money with you.
- Find new customers. New families move into the area all the time and become potential
customers. Lifestyles change as people earn more or less money, creating new footfall.
Generate repeat business. You must constantly remind people that you exist.
- Your name must be at the forefront of their mind when they need the
products or services you offer.
- Gain a competitive advantage. There are only so many customers
in the market ready to buy at any one time. Advertising gives you an
advantage over competitors who do not advertise or who carry out
other marketing activity. The most consistent advertisers are generally
the most successful.
Why choose The Family Grapevine?
- We are a very well-established, trusted source of information. We have been publishing our magazine since 1998 and have an extremely loyal following.
- We cover Burgess Hill, East Grinstead, Haywards Heath, Hassocks, Hurstpierpoint and carefully cover the villages of Plumpton,Ditchling, Wivelsfield, Scaynes Hill, Horsted Keynes, Danehill, Forest Row, West Hoathly, Ardingly, Balcombe, Handcross, Warninglid, Wineham, Staplefield, Cuckfield, Ansty, Bolney, Albourne, Henfield and Keymer so you can perfectly target local parents who are interested in your product or service.
- We are popular with parents of toddlers all year round. Printing 3 issues rather than 4 means that we coincide with school holidays making us indispensable to all older families at the end of term.
- We cut to the chase with our listings and do not include editorial in our magazine. Essentially people want a brief description of your product or service and contact details in an easy-to-find format.
- We offer a discount voucher scheme to appeal to those seeking deals. You could also trial something new and measure your success.
- We offer the complete package. Our magazine is complemented by a mobile friendly website and social media marketing, allowing you to target customers from a number of angles.
- We offer affordable rates and do not exclude anyone. ALL family friendly local businesses can have a FREE listing up to 60 characters plus a phone number. We also offer discounts for series bookings.
- We are great people to deal with! Everyone says we are really friendly and helpful. We can take care of every aspect of your advert, from design through to print and distribution – with no hard sell or hidden extras.
To find out more about our very affordable advertising rates, please telephone Elizabeth on 01444 451449 or email [email protected] .