Competition Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions relevant to all Family Grapevine Competitions
1. Prizes will only be sent to UK addresses.
2. Only one entry per competition per household.
3. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative
4. The prize(s) will be awarded to the first correct entry/entries drawn.
5. The winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving the prize.
6. By entering, winners agree to their names and general locations being used for
7. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The winner’s name may be published in the following issue of The Family
Grapevine West Surrey or on it’s social media.
9. The Family Grapevine West Surrey has no responsibility for the actions of the sponsor or their agents.
10. Offers and competitions may need to be taken on specific dates, please see
individual offer or competition for details
11. By entering, all entrants agree to be bound to all Terms and Conditions. Any breach
of conditions by an entrant will void their entry.
12. By entering, all winners agree to their contact information being shared with the
competition prize donator.
Additional Terms and Conditions for The Shape of Rainbows Competition
13. The Promoter is Otter Barry Books, Little Orchard, Burley Gate, Herefordshire, HR1 3QS in association with Family Grapevine Magazine which has its registered office Compton, 93 Simplemarsh Road, Addlestone, KT15 1QT
14. The competition closing date is midnight on 29 February 2024. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted
15. To enter, parents, teachers, librarians should submit a poem to us using the submission form above, and follow the instructions. No other method of entry will be accepted.
16. All data for non-winning entrants will be deleted by 8 March 2024
17. Teachers, librarians and youth leaders must comply with their organisations GDPR policy when applying.
18. The Competition is open to children from age 7-11yrs
19. The Competition is only open to entrants in the UK.
20. There will be one winner who will win a free assembly school visit by the poet Neal Zetter EITHER an in-person, afternoon only assembly performance OR a 45-min virtual performance/Q&A plus a signed copy of The Shape of Rainbows/
21. One runner up will win a signed copy of The Shape of Rainbows
22. You may only make a maximum of one entry per person.
23. Entries should be on the theme of rainbows and no longer than 250 words. The poems must be new and original from the author
24. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
25. The Winner will be notified via email no later than 14th March 2024
26. Entries must be submitted in mostly the English language, you may include phrases in another language.
27. A parent or guardian will need to give permission for you to enter. Permission can be given online when submitting an entry.
28. The parent, guardian, teacher of the Winner and runner up will be notified via email by 14th March 2024
29. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, the Organiser reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
30. Family Grapevine Magazine South West or Otter Barry Books shall not be responsible for any inaccurate contact details provided by Qualifying Entrants/Winners in accordance with paragraph above, which results in the Prize not being delivered.
31.The Prize is non-transferable and non-negotiable. No cash alternative will be offered.
32. Otter Barry Books decision will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
33. The copyright of each poem remains with the author. However, by entering the competition, author of the winning poem grant Family Grapevine South West Magazine and Otter Barry Books irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to republish the work in perpetuity, including (but not limited to) publishing the work online, including Family Grapevine South West Magazine South West and Otter Barry Books websites and social media. We will mention the first name and school of any winning entries. We will notify the writer if a third-party requests permission to use their work in any way.
34. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England.
35. Due to the large number of entrants we are unable to respond individually to submissions.
36. By entering the Competition, you accept these terms and conditions.
If you wish to request a copy of the personal data you have provided in your form submission, make corrections to any inaccuracies, restrict how we use your data, object to how we process it or ask for it to be deleted, then please contact [email protected]