Thinking of starting a business but not sure what to do first? Feeling overwhelmed and just need to make it happen?
Join us for our fun, friendly and professional Business Start-up Course to provide you with confidence and clarity to get started and be your own boss. This course is fully funded (free) subject to the eligibility criteria.
About the course
This course will provide the 12 simple steps when starting a business. We provide you with a business plan template to help you gain clarity and create an action plan to get started. With connections to business experts, the latest digital and social media skills alongside a group of like-minded supportive mums, this friendly and practical course will help turn your ideas into reality.
- The course covers a range of topics including:
- The 12 steps to starting a business
- How to write a business plan
- The legal options when starting a business
- Confidence techniques as a business woman
- Branding for you and your business
- How to gain your first 20 customers
- Communication tools to connect with customers digitally
- Creating Social Media platforms to build your online profile
- Writing your first blog
- Keeping your business safe online
- Financial forecasting and making a profit
- Connections to local influencers
- Staying on track and achieving your goals
We have some fantastic Guest Speakers lined up for you to share their experience, tips and answer your questions.
There will be some homework outside of the workshops. This will include completing workbooks, listening to podcasts and watching key videos to help you on your journey to self-employment (full support will be provided).
The course will start on the following dates. Please note in your diary:
Monday 24th February & Thursday 27th February
Monday 2nd March & Thursday 5th March
Monday 9th March & Thursday 12th March
Monday 16th March & Thursday 19th March
Monday 23rd March & Thursday 26th March
Monday 30th March & Thursday 2nd April
This course is funded by LSDN in partnership with Successful Mums. You are required to meet all of the first three points of the eligibility criteria below as well as either points 4, 5 or 6.
- Be over 19 years old
- Live in a Kent Borough
- Have proof of residency in the UK/EU for at least three years.
- Be unemployed or on a career break OR
- Be in receipt of a benefit such as job seekers OR
- Be employed/self-employed and earning up to £16k per year
- We provide support for anyone with additional requirements and we welcome dads, non parents and carers too.
About Successful Mums
We have supported over 5,000 women back to work or to start a business. You can read over 1,000 positive reviews and stories across our website and social media platforms to find out how Successful Mums has supported 5,000 back to work and find their MOJO. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and on LinkedIn.
The course will result in an accredited qualification. This course is funded by LSDN in partnership with Successful Mums.
Book your place today and one of the team will be in touch to talk you through the next steps. Please Click here for more information and to book your place