This February we’ll be celebrating our love for all things green – teaming up with the Climate Coalition and their #showthelove week. 10 to 18 February.
Daily from 10 to 18 February 2018,
10am to 4.30pm
Activities £3 per child – pay in cash at activity.
Entry to Wakehurst is free for children 16 and under.
About the event
Join in our holiday activities to show the love for a world powered by clean and secure energy.
In the Mansion:
• Make and decorate your own #showthelove willow heart to take home.
• Create a wooden heart to leave in the gardens for other visitors to search for and find.
• Show your love of nature by sowing beetroot seeds in the shape of a heart, nurture the seeds and watch them grow.
• Make a wish and add it to our wishing tree.
In the gardens:
• Unite with other nature lovers by hiding your wooden heart in your favourite part of Wakehurst.
• Join the hunt for other hidden hearts around the gardens – if you find one, snap a picture and then hide it for another visitor to find.
• Feel free to share photos of the hearts on social media using #showthelove (for children aged 13+)
• Pick up a map and follow our trail around the garden to find out more about our gardeners’ favourite areas and the plants they love.
• After completing the activities and trail, children can enjoy a free heart shaped cookie at the Stables restaurant.
The Climate Coalition is dedicated to action against climate change. Their #showthelove campaign shows the love for a world powered by clean and secure energy.