- Do you have a baby aged 3 months?
- Do you live in the Eastbourne area?
- Are you interested in supporting medical research?
- Would you like to earn shopping vouchers for your time?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then read on…
Great Foundations is an initiative being led by the Universities of Brighton and Salford. Over the next five years they will be carrying out research to understand parental views related to children’s’ foot health and investigate what health and industry professionals know and think about children’s feet.
Looking to discover how babies’ feet develop before they learn to walk, to how they change in shape, structure and function during crawling and then independent walking. The research hopes to provide a major leap forward in the quality of knowledge and understanding of foot health.
Once selected, you will be asked to take part in four visits each time your baby achieves a milestone:
- when they find their feet for the first time and pull on them,
- when they pull themselves upright to stand balanced against furniture,
- when they take their first independent steps,
- when they are confidently walking more than 10 steps, whilst chatting and doing other tasks.
Based at the University of Brighton on Darley Road in Eastbourne, the team will see you in their specialist baby space. As a show of their appreciation for your time and travel, all those who participate will receive a Love2Shop voucher.
Speaking about the project, Dr Stewart Morrison from the from Great Foundations team said “It’s such an important time in a children’s development, as almost everything that helps them achieve walking is coordinated around their feet. This is an exciting opportunity to take part in some novel research that will help better inform parents about children’s foot health and improve future clinical practice and services.”
To register your interest, please contact the team at the following email [email protected] or visit their website https://greatfoundations.org.uk/ or Facebook page https://en-gb.facebook.com/greatfoundationsfoothealth/ to learn more.
Don’t forget to share this exciting opportunity with your friends and family, who may also be interested?