Our plan for playgrounds
Following the latest government guidance, we’re preparing for a phased reopening of our play areas and outdoor gyms from the end of next week. We know that these spaces are hugely important to children and families living in Reigate & Banstead and we’re looking forward to welcoming people back safely.
Our Greenspaces team is working hard behind the scenes to assess all 48 of our play areas and outdoor gyms and putting safety measures in place. We’ll start by opening some of our smaller play areas and are hoping to open some of our larger play areas over the coming weeks.
On Friday 10 July, the following play areas and outdoor gyms will reopen:
- Field Bank, Horley, Surrey, RH6 9EH
- Flint Close, Horley, Surrey, RH6 9QE
- Peppiatt Close, Horley, Surrey, RH6 9FR
- Whittaker Drive North, Horley, Surrey, RH6 9FB
- Whittaker Drive South, Horley, Surrey, RH6 9TN
- Common Road Earlswood, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 6HG
- Abinger Drive, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 6ST
- Somerset Road, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 6LS
- Woodhatch Road, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 7PA
- South Park Recreation Ground, Whitehall Lane, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 8LZ
- East Road, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 9EX
- Battlebridge Recreation Ground, Frenches Road, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 2JE
- Subrosa Drive, Merstham, Surrey, RH1 3LY
- Brook Road, Malmstone Avenue, Merstham, Surrey, RH1 3NE
- Howards Close Recreation Ground, Walton on the hill, Surrey, KT20 7QF
- Beecholm Recreation Ground, Osier Way, Banstead, Surrey, SM7 1LL
- Woodmansterne Recreation Ground, Woodmansterne Street, Banstead, Surrey, SM7 3NL
Lakers Rise (play area and fitness equipment), Chipstead Way, Woodmansterne, Surrey, SM7 3LQ
- Chipstead Meads, High Road, Chipstead, Surrey, CR5 3SB
- Maple Way, Hooley, Surrey, CR5 3RN
- Hogden Bottom Recreation Ground, Chipstead Lane, Lower Kingswood, Surrey, KT20 6RE
- Preston Park (play area and Fitness equipment), Preston Manor Road, Tadworth, Surrey, KT20 5FB
- Kingswood Recreation Ground (play area and Fitness equipment), Buckland Road, Lower Kingswood, Surrey, KT20 7DN
- Tattenham Way Recreation Ground, Burgh Heath, Surrey, KT20 5NQ
The safety of all those using the facilities is our top priority so we’ll be introducing a range of new measures that all visitors will need to follow:
- If you or anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please DO NOT visit any of our parks, play areas or outdoor gyms. You must self-isolate and book a test at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Reminders about social distancing will be displayed. Please follow these and encourage your children to do so, too. We ask that only one parent/guardian accompanies their child/children during their visit to the play area.
- New maximum capacity recommendations will be displayed at the entrance to each play area and on some pieces of equipment. Please respect these capacity recommendations. They are there for your family’s safety and for the safety of other park users.
- Some pieces of equipment will unfortunately be out of action as social distancing is simply not possible when these are in use. These will be clearly marked.
- We ask all visitors to continue regularly washing or sanitising their hands before, during, and after their visit to the playground.
- For the safety of everyone, consumption of food or drink on play equipment or in the playground area is currently prohibited.
- If you’re visiting one of our outdoor gyms, please follow the one-way system marked around the site. Please follow social distancing measures and continue with regular handwashing.
Cllr Natalie Bramhall, Executive Member for Neighbourhood Services said: “We’re really glad to be able to see these spaces begin to reopen as we know how much they’ve been missed by children in the borough. To make sure we can keep playgrounds open, we need everyone to play their part and stick to these new guidelines when using the spaces. We know this can be difficult with little ones, but we encourage everyone to play as safely and as considerately as possible.”
Please keep an eye on our website and social media feeds for further announcements about the remaining play areas.