CTC, the national cycling charity, has teamed up with the Crown Estates as part of a series of summer events called Thrive, designed to make healthy living fun.
Thrive is coming to a retail park near you, offering shoppers a chance to have fun getting fit this summer. The free one-day events are taking place in ten towns and cities across England from 4 July through to 5 September.
If you’re new to cycling or want to gain greater confidence in the saddle, CTC will be on hand and ready to sign you up to our Bikeability courses – we have 200 FREE places up for grabs!
To book your free Bikeability place, just call our booking team on 0844 736 8451 or 01483 238301.
Our Level 1 Bikeability training offers you and your children the chance to learn to control and master your bike. Training takes place away from cars and traffic so you have the freedom to focus on making the most out of your bike. Once you’ve completed your Bikeability Level 1 and been awarded your red badge, you will be able to:
- Fit your own helmet
- Carry out a simple bike check
- Get on your bike, start cycling, then stop and get off
- Ride your bike using the gears
- Make your bike go where you want it to, including moving around objects safely
- Control the bike with one hand
- Stop quickly if you need to
- Look all around you when you’re riding, including behind, without wobbling
Come and visit us at a Thrive event near you for your chance to win prizes, take on the Thrive Cycling Challenge and book your free place on a Bikeability course.
CTC will be at Thrive 11am-4pm on 22 August at the Victoria Retail Park, Nottingham with Bikeability on 30 August 9-11am