South Downs Light Railway
Date(s) - 02-December-2018
11:00 am - 3:30 pm
South Downs Light Railway
Come and meet Santa and ride the Steam Train!
2018 Santa Dates
Saturday / Sunday
8th & 9th December
15th & 16th December
22nd & 23rd December
From 11am – 3.20pm Child £10 Adult £6
SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR VISIT TO SANTA
1. The whole experience will take between 45 minutes and 1 hour. Trains run every 20 minutes.
2. We book 24 seats in our three covered carriages on each train. There is also one open carriage.
3. In your own interests to avoid disappointment and for the benefit of other travellers it is essential that you arrive in good time for your train. The advertised times are when the trains depart so we advise you to arrive at Stopham Road Station at the latest 10 minutes before the departure time. If you are late and your train has departed we regret that we cannot guarantee that you will be able to travel on another train.
4. When the train arrives at North Pole Station you will be invited to alight and go into the Waiting Room to wait to visit Santa in his Grotto. In the Waiting Room adults will be offered a glass of mulled wine and children a sweet (or two). There is a model train to interest the children while they wait.
5. One of Santa’s helpers will invite you into the Grotto where you will be greeted by Santa and an appropriate present will be given to each child (we take great care to ensure that the gifts are relevant to the age and gender of the children). Santa is very happy to feature in your photographs and he will take account of any special requests or needs.
6. The arrangements fully comply with all relevant safeguarding requirements and there is always a second adult in the Grotto.
7. After visiting Santa you will wait to take a train back to your starting point. Because there are no booked seats on this train it is possible that there will not be room for all intending passengers in the covered coaches and some will need to travel in the open coach or otherwise wait for a later train. This might involve a wait of 20 minutes. There is limited space under the station canopy.
8. Unless weather conditions are really bad all advertised trains will run. You should treat your visit as an outdoor activity and wear appropriate clothing. If trains are to be cancelled we will announce that on our Facebook page by 9am on the day affected.
9. If you decide not to travel on the day you have booked and the trains are not cancelled then you will not be entitled to a refund. If the trains are cancelled becuase of inclement weather or other unavoidable cause we will refund the ticket price you have paid less an administration charge of £5 if we are unable to offer you an alternative day for your visit.