Bibs

Wellbeing

Eco-Schools launches Healthy Summer Toolkit promoting healthy habits & environmental wellbeing to pupils

Keep Britain Tidy’s Eco-Schools environmental education scheme encourages schools to access free activities for a ‘healthy planet, body & mind’.

A healthy planet is key to healthy people, and a free new resource pack from Eco-Schools is helping students understand this connection.  

The Healthy Summer Toolkit, developed in partnership with the Bupa Foundation, offers eight engaging activities that promote student wellbeing, environmental action, and a connection with the natural world. 

Aligned with popular events throughout the summer calendar, the eight activities, which effortlessly fit into existing assembly and lesson plans, will: 

• Empower students to navigate eco-anxiety and develop healthy strategies to cope with environmental concerns. 
  • Ignite their passion for climate action by exploring how everyday choices can create positive change.
  • Inspire them to become nature stewards through collective action that supports biodiversity and fosters a connection with the natural world.
  • Promote healthy habits and environmental wellbeing by encouraging physical outdoor activities. 

Adam Flint, National Manager for Eco-Schools England - the largest sustainable schools programme in the country - said: “From the air we breathe to the food we eat, a healthy environment is crucial for our health. 

“This free toolkit empowers students to become environmental stewards, make positive choices, and develop healthy habits.” 

It’s fun and easy to get involved. Schools can sign up for the free Healthy Summer Toolkit at www.eco-schools.org.uk/healthy-summer-toolkit and share their activities on social media using the hashtag #HealthySummerToolkit. 

Teaching staff can simply pull out a few of the activities that work best for them and their students and give them a go!  

Schools are encouraged to:

• Get active by delivering one (or more) of the fun activities and empowering pupils to make a positive impact.
  • Inspire others by delivering a ‘Healthy Summer’ assembly involving the whole school community by using our ready-made presentation.
  • Spark conversations by sharing content across social media channels and school newsletters, highlighting positive stories and easy ways for families to get involved at home.
  • Enter a ‘Healthy City’ competition for a chance to win a £1,500 voucher for outdoor learning resources from YPO*.
  • Amplify student voices – thanks to VotesforSchools, students can also cast their vote on the important question ‘should our towns and cities have more biodiversity?’ and get their voices heard by decision-makers across the country. 

Pip Organic
Fables World
Fables World