Families set for a ‘Swashbuckling’ good time at this year’s
TheYachtMarket.com Southampton Boat Show
This September, celebrity pirate Gemma Hunt, from hit CBeebies programme Swashbuckle, will be helping to kick off all the action on the first weekend of Britain’s biggest boating festival. Appearing live in full costume over the course of Saturday 16 September, Gemma will be taking to the stage to wow the Show’s youngest visitors with a special pirate song and dance show, meet and greets and autograph signings.
Gemma will also be climbing aboard the Show’s very own Tall Ship, the Kaskelot, giving visitors another opportunity to meet the famous buccaneer and have their picture taken with her. A three-masted sailing vessel and one of the largest wooden ships in commission, Kaskelot’s crew will be welcoming visitors onboard to explore her charms and chat about her incredible history.
Gemma comments; “I’m so excited to be appearing live at this year’s Show. I love being out on the water myself and this event is the perfect place to introduce little ones to life on the ocean waves. I can’t wait to meet some of our fantastic Swashbuckle fans and give them a brilliant day to remember.”
Providing a host of family-friendly attractions alongside live music and thrilling entertainment, further exciting features at this year’s event include:
- Paddle River Experience – offering everyone, including the Show’s youngest visitors, the chance to start their paddleboarding adventure
- Passenger boat trips – providing visitors with the opportunity to enjoy a trip on the Solent, taking in the Show from a different perspective
- Bell boating – a twin hulled open canoe seating up to 12 friends and family • Adventure River Canoe Ride – offering the Show’s youngest visitors a go at canoeing
- Bumper Boats – the ultimate motorised boating experiencefor children aged 3-13
- Hopping on and off the stunning boats berthed on the Show’s purpose-built marina, Europe’s largest. Displaying some of the world’s most prestigious brands, the marina offers over 2km of pontoons with more than 300 boats for kids to explore and pretend to be Captain of their very own ship for the day
- The hugely popular free ‘Try-a-Boat’ sessions from On The Water – allowing visitors to experience the thrill of trying out some of the latest trends in watersports activities
- Plus, On The Water’s‘Get Afloat’ – offering visitors 8 years and older, the chance to discover Dinghy sailing and Stand Up Paddleboarding for free.
With the summer calendar coming to a close, TheYachtMarket.com Southampton Boat Show promises to be the coolest way to extend the season with plenty of opportunities to keep the kids entertained.
For more details or to buy your tickets today, visit www.southamptonboatshow.com